VJC International is a premier Recruiting and Staffing firm specialized in sourcing Top Industry Talent for hard-to-fill roles. Our client, a local leader in the Metals Manufacturing industry is looking to hire an experienced Supervisor/Foreman to lead their Wire Drawing Department. Fantastic atmosphere where employees value camaraderie and team-work.
Responsible for overseeing and managing all day to day operations of the wire department. Main functions include production scheduling, wire department supervision, equipment maintenance, and production documentation.
Position requires experience drawing Straight Round or Shaped wire. Relevant experience will include understanding the properties of Non-Ferrous metals as they pertain to Annealing, Drawing, Reeling
* Experience supervising approximately 4-6 machine operators in a shop setting
* Knowledge of working properties of Metals and Alloys relevant to wire-drawing
* Minimum of 3 years Drawing Shaped, Fancy Wire. The more experience, the more valuable your skill set
* Proficient with precision measuring tools such as wire gauges, micrometers, and resistance testers
* A desire to work in a Fast-Paced environment while still maintaining Precision and Quality
* High School Education or Equivalent. Advanced training/certifications Preferred
* Production Scheduling: Schedule equipment and manpower for all work orders issued to the department, review work orders, review processes for accuracy, allocate material.
* Wire Department Supervision: Supervise the wire department personnel. Train new employees on wire equipment, complete performance reviews for all employees in the department, train & complete all training related documentation for all employees in the department. Ability to run / operate / set-up annealing, spooling, cleaning & wire drawing machines.
* Equipment Maintenance: Complete and coordinate all routine & preventive maintenance duties for the department (as assigned by the maintenance manager).
* Production Documentation: Complete and coordinate all documentation relating to the department. Verify all job-related paperwork and documentation is filled our properly and completely by department employees.
* Various duties as assigned.
* Computer skills necessary: Wire equipment operation/programming.