The position of the Wire Transfer Specialist is responsible for entering and verifying outgoing wires; processing outgoing wires from various electronic channels, processing incoming wires received via FED (Federal Reserve Bank) or SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication); answering inquiries from internal customers; investigating wire issues, completing end-of-day reconciliation of system activity, and performing other duties associated as assigned within the Bank’s Wire Operations group.
- Prepares and verifies outgoing wire transfers, meeting all deadlines and adhering to all policies and procedures; ensures accuracy and a proper paper trail of all transactions.
- Working in multiple system queues, researches, repairs, and processes all incoming and outgoing wires that do not process straight through, thus requiring manual intervention.
- Provides email-based and phone-based support to all branches and affiliate banks where service or assistance is needed as it relates to wire transfers.
- Follows controls in place to protect against fraudulent wire activity and unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Reviews Wire Transfer OFAC screening results and makes determinations as to validity of all identified matches.
- Performs End of Day balancing of Wire Department systems, such as reconciliation of wire logs with entries, and including, but not limited to, Federal Reserve Summary Statement to daily wire activity.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school preferred; or High School Diploma/GED and three or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of a banking operations or financial institution operations background.
- Domestic (FED/CHIPS) and International (SWIFT) Wire Transfer experience is a plus.
- Experience with BSA Compliance/OFAC requirements and related decision making experience is required.
- Experience in analyzing fraud/risk leveraging internal fraud systems is a plus.
- Exhibits a high degree of initiative and decision making capabilities and communicates effectively with internal clients.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations.
- Experience with general banking methods and procedures related to Federal Funds transfers is highly preferred.
- Experience with bank account and general ledger reconciliation is a plus.