Data Center Engineer (Windows/VMWare Expertise)
- Understanding of Firewalls communication and partnering with those teams to help troubleshoot from Server/OS side
- Main priority – Resource to be real strong windows server engineer and VMware.
- All work is centered square in that Windows/VMware space. However, awareness and understanding to partner with teams doing aci, firewall work, is helpful, but the core skill sets enable to do bulk of accomplish end of year.
- Current resource is SME within windows, Vmware core. Knowledge of a little bit of of data center storage, etc. which normally comes with package. If engineer comes out of virtualized environment should already be able to speak networking.no specific expertise in network or storage, more just awareness/knowledge, understand network, blocking, firewalls, etc.
- No Checkpoint expertise needed, more just awareness of applications, IP address, ports, protocols, etc.
- One of the many hats that team wears - hybrid Eng arch across data center technologies
- windows server AD networking Vmware Virt is being pulled off in Q1
- three on team - similar skill sets working in different areas
- Resource will be working with team that is implementing datacenter firewall solution - working closely with Mullins project team on windows server related issues on firewall side
- other - work with global subsidiaries as we fold them in - as global security standardizes we need to
- current resource has been SME partnering with global security team
- other duties - help with outages - day to day work
- Windows Server configuration and administration
- VMWare configuration and administration
- Solid understanding of network architecture and functionality
- Experience managing the server\firewall interface will be very helpful
- Appropriate certifications, MCSE, VSE, etc.
- Level of familiarity of server network interface - implementations in a firerwall environment - all checkpoint
Manager Talent Acquisition
P: 978 707 4846