Reporting to the Manager of IT Communication as the Wireless Support Technician you are responsible for assisting users with connectivity issues, monitoring system activity and maintaining continuous improvement standards on all devices and systems. In your new role you will demonstrate an ability to deploy, implement, configure, support and document primarily wireless device infrastructure equipment. You will work in a fast paced environment that is conducive to keeping ahead of advances in technology. In this role you must show a strong desire to take advantage of these opportunities. You will connect cross-functionally which includes providing support services. While your new position has no direct reports and works under direct supervision the position will require that you possess troubleshooting skills and communication skills in presenting IT solutions to clients.
- Responds to user queries, answers questions and resolves hardware and software communications problems
- Be the expert on Android and Apple mobile devices
- Deliver ‘deskside’ support for mobile devices, primarily on the phone/remote
- Implement any approved optimizations to reduce telecom spend
- Troubleshoot networking issues in the General Cable offices and/or Data Centers
- Communicates cross-functionally with technical support personnel, operations groups and/or vendors to affect solution while referring more complex problems to higher level technical staff
- Implements corrective actions from remote sites or guides users through corrective action
- May be required to support critical systems after hours, nights and weekends and respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis
- Strength in analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expert Knowledge of Android and Apple mobile devices
- Advanced knowledge of Airwatch or MobileIron MDM tool
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and learn in a fast-paced, support environment
- Ideally an AAS or BS in Information Technology, MIS or related technical degree
- 3-5 years’ experience with Airwatch or MobileIron MDM tool
- Demonstrated experience with equipment and troubleshooting
- iSeries experience preferred but not required
- Windows server knowledge preferred but not required
- Avaya phone system experience preferred but not required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Works out of a normal office environment with standard office equipment available.
- Will be required to sit, bend, kneel, squat, use keyboard, read, write, and speak fluently.
- Employee will regularly be required to lift and carry objects of 10-25 pounds as needed.
- Employee will occasionally be required to lift and carry objects of 25-30 pounds as needed.
- Employee will be required to work productively and cooperatively in a high-volume, fast paced, highly pressured environment and be able to respond efficiently and courteously to unanticipated problems and crisis.
- This role is not typically exposed to adverse environmental conditions, except excessive eye strain and possible lifting injuries
- When travel is necessary, will be exposed to typical travel environment and surroundings