Title: Wireless Technologist
Work Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: 12+ months
Full-time contract to hire position within the Technology Development team at Dish Network. The individual will be working on technology evaluation and research related to the next generation wireless (5G) deployment. The candidate shall be responsible for RAN development including but not limited to evaluation of vendor solutions, roadmap management and feature development. The candidate will also be responsible for managing and creating internal technology documentation. The candidate may be required to participate and contribute at various standard bodies, such as 3GPP, ITU-R and industry forums
- Deep understanding of LTE-Adv RAN and its protocols.
- Should have experience in evaluating and researching new technologies
- Should have experience in writing RFP and vendor evaluation
- Should have in-depth knowledge of Radio hardware components such as Filters, PAs etc.
- Should have experience in cellular network deployment
- Should have in depth understanding of fundamental LTE baseband functionalities
- Should have knowledge of end-to-end LTE system architecture
- Should be familiar with concepts of Network Slicing, Virtualization and Software Defined Radio.
- Should be able to travel up to 30% of the time both domestically and international
- Should have Master’s or higher degree with at least 10+ years of experience in wireless and cellular industry.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly, think outside the box and problem solve
- High energy with a friendly, positive demeanor strong work ethic
- The candidate should have experience in 3GPP standards
- RF experience is a plus