Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Are you ready to serve our Nation's Heroes? Avosys is seeking a Women's Health Registered Nurse to provide outpatient services to the military and their families at Sheppard AFB, Texas.
EMPLOYMENT WITH AVOSYS
- Maximize family time with no weekend, Holiday, or on-call requirements
- Maintain work-life balance with guaranteed 8-hour shifts
- Take advantage of our competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability & 401(k)
- Collaborate with the physician, nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, or clinical nurse specialist in the health care/education of patients.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, to include annual physicals/health assessments, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a multi-disciplinary continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to provision of care, quality improvement and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of nursing care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Must have experience in providing direct patient care, patient and staff education, administration, and/or research.
- Knowledgeable on professional care theories, principles, practices, standards and procedures to provide comprehensive primary care to a select population of essentially healthy women and/or their babies in a variety of settings to include, obstetrical antepartum or intrapartum management, postpartum care, gynecologic care and immediate newborn care.
- Knowledgeable on growth, development, and pathophysiology of disease processes specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population to include all ages of the spectrum from neonate to geriatrics.
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of medical disorders to include sickle cell anemia, diabetes, sexually transmitted diseases, thyroid disorders, hypertension, and cardiac disease among others and their potential impact on perinatal outcomes, as well as broad knowledge of normal delivery variations, their complications and indicated therapeutic intervention required.
- Knowledgeable of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, to include desired effects, side effects, and complications/contraindications for their use. Demonstrate ability to administer pharmacologic agents and accurately compute dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient's condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledgeable on computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, suction equipment, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
For more information regarding this honorable opportunity to serve our Nation's Heroes and their families please contact Rene Reyna, Recruiter, at AReyna@Avosys.com or (210) 955-9445.
Reference Code: CHS.TX.WHRN.1812
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Sheppard AFB, TX
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.