emagine is seeking a WordPress Developer to join our growing Ongoing Client Services team. We are looking for someone that has a deep understanding of how to build themes and plugins utilizing both industry and WordPress development best practices.
This is a full-stack development position. You will be responsible for back-end and front-end development on a wide range of projects. The complexity of these projects can vary from small brochure sites to product catalogs, WooCommerce sites and gated company portals.
Plugin research and customization are a significant part of this job. If you are the type of person that thrives on creating solutions that are both functionally sound and easy for a non-technical person to use, this role will be a perfect fit for you.
Location: Remote (US Based Only)
- Create responsive WordPress themes using emagineâ€™s unified coding standards and workflow
- Create extendible WordPress plugins based on specifications
- Work with development team on internal projects that create efficiencies for our client work
- Plugin research and customization
- Assist in the scoping of project requirements
- Assess, suggest and implement changes for theme and plugin performance issues
- Meet agreed upon deadlines as defined by you and a Project Manager
- Communicate the status of your work to the Project Manager and relevant project team members
- Participate in internal and client project meetings
- Track time within our company defined time tracking tool
- Solid understanding of WordPress and PHP Development best practices
- Skilled in front-end development with a focus on cross browser support
- Experience using CSS preprocessors like Sass, Less or Stylus
- Experience utilizing the WordPress REST API
- Experience building custom Gutenberg blocks
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs with WordPress
- Experience using a version control system like git or subversion
- Experience using NPM and task runners like Gulp or Grunt
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to dive-in and learn unfamiliar systems and tools
emagine, a national, fully remote, Digital Marketing and Web Design Agency for B2B and Healthcare is growing and looking for top-tier web design and digital marketing talent. Always seeking to strike that perfect workplace balance of â€œflexible structureâ€, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and for every team member to truly own their position.
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with top-tier talent
- On the job training and development
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Wellness Program
- Competitive salary
- Paid personal days
- Opportunity to participate in volunteerism and giving back to the community
Powered by JazzHR