Job DescriptionJob #: 1017451
Our great client in Downtown Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a WorkDay Administrator. This is a contract to hire or direct hire position. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is focused on providing integration and interface support from Workday to production systems. This production support role includes research and responding to questions about production data, debugging and resolving integration issues, supporting ad hoc batch uploads, implementing client change requests and writing complex reports. Additionally, monitoring Workday alerts or notifications for tenant outages, interruptions, degradations, bugs, fixes, etc.
- Insures an innovative SaaS architecture is highly performant for critical business needs
- Work with the client to help convert legacy data into Workday for current and future releases
- Supports the implementation team through execution, issue triage and knowledge transfer activities
- Debugs and triages integration issues and defects. Implements and tests fixes where necessary
- Replicates and verifies customer problems and log issues to development
- Effectively prioritizes and escalates customer issues as required
- Supports the change order process through providing estimates on effort, defining requirements, designing and developing the solution using the Workday Integration solutions- Core Connectors, EIBs, Workday Studio, etc.
- Supports business teams with ad hoc or non-standard batch uploads
- Clearly and succinctly documents communications to customers using corporate issue management tool
- Manages Workday upgrades and communicates the impacts to
- Establishes and supports file transmission automation and supporting documentation
- Maintains integration related requirements and technical documentation
- Supports business teams in creating complex reports and resolving issues with existing reports
Do you have what it takes?
Education: Completion of Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Systems. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond an Associate Degree.
- 3 years of advanced work in integrations and interfaces with other applications
- SaaS architecture is highly performant for critical business needs
- 2 + years of practical Workday integration experience - including the support and development of integrations using Workday Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder, Core Connector
- Strong understanding of internet protocols and security including STFP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, X509
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and perform against tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Strong self-motivation balanced with a desire to achieve team goals
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Experience with web service technologies (SOAP, WSDL, XML, REST, JSON)
- Working knowledge of XSLT
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.