The Workday Engineer is responsible for the support and maintenance of the HR data system. This role serves as the technical point of contact for assigned region and assists subject matter experts (e.g. comp, benefits, recruiting) with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and report writing. Reporting to the HR Systems Operations Manager, supports HR system upgrades, troubleshooting and other technical projects as assigned.
(Responsibilities that are central to the job and MUST be performed either unaided, or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, ref. ADA.)
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services
- Ensure delivery of high-quality services and products to clients
- Manage project team, deliverables, scope of work and quality for Benefits and Compensation work streams
- Build relationships internally and collaborating effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- In addition, there will be specific annual events that correlate to each individual Workday module which you will manage
- Examples include Annual Enrollment for Benefits, Annual Year-End process for Compensation, and others. For these types of activities, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and using project management processes/systems for work stream (includes planning the life cycle of the project, identifying key project activities and milestones, etc)
- Gathering requirements
- Leading configuration design sessions
- Developing product configuration
- Creating/Managing the testing strategy
- Partnering with User Enablement/HR Communications to update training and other delivery tools
- Responsible for completing all HRIS transactions as HR Administrator.
- Identify and resolve system functionality issues. Continually research, test and stay up-to-date on all system updates and fixes. Partner with HR and Payroll on the system upgrades. In partnership with the HR team, explore ways to optimize the use of the HRIS.
- Administer HRIS security related information including creating and maintaining user accounts, establishing password rules, managing feature permissions, viewing security reports, and viewing role reports.
- Maintain up-to-date user system documentation and assists with training materials by partnering with Trainer and HR Systems Manager.
- Produce and deliver standard and customized reports, dashboards and ad-hoc requests based on business needs.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data security and system integrity.
- Assist with continual process improvements by researching methods to continue to automate and streamline processes resulting in a more efficient manner
(Non-essential duties or marginal job functions that support essential functions)
Assist with Payroll activities, as needed
Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item
Reports to the HR Systems Operations Manager as an individual contributor. Regularly interfaces internally with management and employee HRMS users, Finance and IT. Interacts with external HRMS vendor on system issues and updates
Errors decisions related to HRIS data integrity could significantly impact HR & Payroll operations and may impact business activities
Climate controlled office environment with low noise levels.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have completed at least one full life cycle Workday HCM implementation as a functional Workday HCM consultant
- Hands on experience and capability in managing Workday. This position requires that the candidate be able to perform core administrative functions including Core HCM management, security and organizational setup and maintenance. Deep and broad knowledge of the functions and configuration of Workday's Benefit is an absolute requirement
- Leverages available functionality in Workday to develop efficient HR/business processes and use Workday to automate and simplify functionality Partners with HR Business Partners and HR Shared Services to ensure process improvement opportunities are fully leveraged through flawless implementation
- Supports the organization's strategic objectives through Workday/HRIS initiatives
- Must be proficient in the following Workday modules: Core HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Talent
- Must be an expert in Workday HCM configuration and process design
- Working knowledge of HR systems and processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, strong Excel skills
- Strong data analysis, interpretation, problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential material
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment
- Must be proficient in the following Workday modules: Core HCM, Benefits, Payroll , Compensation
- Candidate must have a background in Workday benefits, including Benefit configuration
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural and proven ability to collaborate successfully with others; must form strong relationships with peers, bosses, and subordinates
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment, balancing the needs of multiple reporting lines to maintain alignment
- Possession of keen listening skills and a conveyance of approachability
- Ability to drive transformation, adopting new technologies where appropriate and leveraging and/or re-inventing legacy systems accordingly
- Possession of exceptional service orientation with an outward-focused mindset that places the needs of the business and their staff over their own
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task with composure and resilience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that enable the individual to create alignment around objectives and excitement and buy-in for the goals of the organization
- Strong execution skills with an ability to drive consistent execution of critical projects and programs
- Must be available to travel 10-15% of the time.
This job description does not state nor imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested by management and will also be required to meet safety-related requirements. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.