The University of Southern California (USC) has established a Workday Financials deployment program covering our academic enterprise as well as our hospitals. This program is critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency. Workday Financials will be paired with the existing Workday HR and Payroll solutions implemented in 2013.
We are currently seeking a Workday Security Analyst to join our Workday Financials deployment program team. The Workday Security Analyst will be supporting the daily maintenance of the security architecture and configuration during the Imagine Financial Project. This role is critical to maintaining consistency and efficiency of security operations. The role will be focused heavily on supporting the changes that will come during the prototypes phases; assigning role-based security, making adjustments to domain security policies, troubleshooting security issues, creating new security groups, and facilitating access to the tenants.
ITS is committed to providing information technology services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
This is a fixed-term position with an anticipated end date of September 30, 2021 Please note that this is a full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Configure, maintain and advise on security within Workday application. This includes domain security policies, roles, and role assignments
- Facilitate and monitor access to the application for users, integrations, etc.
- Serve as point of contact to SME’s for their Security needs and ensure best practices are effectively communicated and implemented. Stay updated on new security features within the application’s future roadmap, and implement where possible
- Update’s configurations and solutions based on IT security standard requirements for prevention and detection tools
- Defines and maintains standard configuration requirements for hosts, including various systems and software
- Tracks and obtains approval from ITS Information Security for any exceptions of defined configuration standards
- Defines standard patch management and security upgrade processes
- Manage implementation of defined patch management process requirements
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current changes within legal, regulatory, and technology environments which may affect operations. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes and updates in a timely manner. Establishes and maintains appropriate network of professional contacts. Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations and publications. Attends meetings, seminars and conferences and maintains continuity of any required or desirable certifications, if applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- 3 years’ experience
- Ability to configure systems to be consistent with information security policies/procedures
- Extensive experience with system administration for managing configuration standards
- Knowledge of different operating systems, configuration standards, solutions, application of endpoint protection technologies and analysis of events and alerts
- Extensive experience with endpoint protection technologies
- Extensive experience with review/analysis of alerts and events from endpoint protection technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, and current USC equipment and technologies in use
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design activities
- Strong ability to communicate technical/complex information, both verbally and in writing
The Nice to Haves:
- One year or more of direct Workday Security experience
- Communication -- written and oral skills
- Interpretation of policies/analyses/trends/etc.
- Problem identification and resolution
- Configuration management
- Database administration and management
- Database and application security
- Groupware applications
- Incident/problem management
- Technical Documentation
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree; Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Understanding of endpoint device protection concepts, including anti-virus, configuration updates, patch management, host based firewalls, host based IDS, etc. Knowledge of different operating systems, configuration standards, solutions, application of endpoint protection technologies and analysis of events and alerts. Extensive experience with endpoint protection technologies. Extensive experience with review/analysis of alerts and events from endpoint protection technologies. Extensive experience with system administration for managing configuration standards. Demonstrable knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, and current USC equipment and technologies in use. Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design activities. Ability to configure systems to be consistent with information security policies/procedures. Strong ability to communicate technical/complex information, both verbally and in writing.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$37914.htmld