This position is responsible for performing operations tasks involving the receiving, storage, cleaning, packaging and shipping of grain.
- Perform a minimum of two tasks in the operations area contributing to customer service, grain conditioning or general facility upkeep
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Minimal job-related experience
- Work is prescribed and completed with close supervision and little autonomy
- Duties are clearly defined and methods and tasks are described in detail
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- No experience required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in high places and in confined spaces.
- Frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust, and noise.
- Must be able to work various shifts as well as swing shifts during peak harvest seasons.
- Must be flexible to working daily overtime and weekends as needed.
- Safe operation of mobile equipment such as Bobcat, Forklift, Payloader and Locomotive.
- Operate truck dumps in a safe and efficient matter.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at email@example.com .