Maintains plant housekeeping, operate equipment and monitor and transport raw materials.
- Operate wheel bucket loader, dump truck, supersucker, water truck, and street sweeper
- Train as Production Assistant
- Unload raw materials
- Maintain plant housekeeping according to Company standards
- Operate reclaimer/stacker to reclaim or stack raw materials
- Keep raw material piles pushed up and transport raw materials for production requirements
- Operate Bobcats within the plant
- Operator forktrucks/forklifts within the plant
- Use hand tools to repair equipment
- Read inspection reports and instructions
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must successfully meet and maintain background requirements to comply with US Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm and Explosives licensing requirements
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Knowledge of forklift, wheel bucket loader, dump truck, and street sweeper operating requirements
- Ability to use hand tools, measuring tools and devices
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Dusty and noisy environment around large manufacturing machinery
- Must be able to work at heights greater than 5 stories
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe