Workers Compensation Policy Reporting Product Manager
• Manage the Policy Reporting team that monitors and implements, Proof of Coverage (POC) and policy reporting changes for the NCCI and individual state regulatory bodies.
• Analyze regulatory and legislative changes as well as IAIABC and WCIO manual releases to develop business requirement documents for changes to the electronic policy and proof of coverage reporting file (WCPOLS) and the Workers Compensation System (WCS) as needed. Inform the business on how these changes may also impact the policy registration workflow processes and requirements.
• Work with business units, NCCI and the various state organizations to effectively manage the WC Bureau criticism process. This requires management of the process of logging, distributing and monitoring of responses; analyzing for trends and implementing revised processes, training programs or system fixes designed to reduce the number of criticisms and fines received.
• Participate in industry associations, committees, and Boards in order to provide feedback on proposed reporting changes and to educate regulators on challenges some of the requirements impose on carriers. (ie. NCCI, IAIABC, NAPEO) Engage Government Affairs as appropriate.
• Engage with the NCCI and Rating Bureaus on a regular basis to establish positive working relationships.
• Create and distribute bulletins and communications on changes to policy and proof of coverage reporting that outline responsibilities of the business units and other support organizations. Develop WC policy reporting reference tools for underwriters and operational staff.
• Work closely with the Systems teams to ensure priorities are established and create and administer test plans to ensure that desired system output is accurate. This includes working on test files for submission to the NCCI and states when implementing changes in reporting.
• Engage in documenting and proposing changes to processes and workflows to ensure team is working efficiently.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 5 years in the insurance industry
• Knowledge of insurance coverage, rating plans and the application of general underwriting principles.
• Ability to manage a number of projects, and competing priorities with the flexibility to change priorities to meet customer and company needs.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Computer proficient in using Word and Excel.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail and commitment to project ownership, accuracy and completion on a timely basis.
• Good quantitative and problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• ACCESS knowledge beneficial
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.