The Consultant directly supports workforce and personnel initiatives in the Department of Defense (DoD) and is responsible for helping to ensure the successful implementation of and compliance with workforce management and professional development initiatives across the DoD.
The Consultant is responsible for providing day-to-day support and compliance management services to the DoD. The tasks focus on data collection, database management, troubleshooting and resolving errors, and assisting Senior team members with complex research and analysis tasks. This includes topics related to personnel management, workforce development, human capital, training, and identifying potential anomalies and gaps in data that may arise. The Consultant will ensure timely updates to records in databases, provide input for recommendations on how to ensure program compliance is promulgated in new policies, generate business intelligence reports, assist in the preparation of briefings used for informational meetings, presentations, and to support senior leadership decisions. Other primary support duties include data collection support, providing input to the definition of supporting system requirements, assisting with tasks related to data automation, drafting memorandum of understanding (MOUs). The consultant will also provide support with communication and distribution of program information.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 years of direct experience with personnel development, manpower/personnel initiatives, human capital services, or professional certification programs.
- 3 years of experience facilitating the formulation, drafting, and coordination of policy and official guidance documents.
- 3 years of experience analyzing personnel data and systems.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision.
- Personnel must be able to foster a positive relationship with DoD Agencies and Military Departments.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct research independently.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with Excel to perform data evaluation, formulas, analytics and spreadsheets. Must be able to transfer presentation graphics from Excel into PowerPoint or Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- The position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of management, staff, external stakeholders.
Other Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, International Affairs, Human Resources, Communications, Computer Science, or other multi-disciplinary field of study.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required.