Workplace Resources Coordinator
VHB is #10 in Zweig Group’s Top 100 Hot firms! Our growing Atlanta, GA team is looking for a Coordinator to join our Workplace Operations group. Work schedule would likely be either Tuesday-Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday depending on office projects or initiatives.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
In this role you will…
Reporting to the Workplace Resources Manager, is responsible for day-to-day interactions with various employees, contractors and vendors regarding projects throughout the company footprint. Within this fast-paced environment, this position must handle multiple service ticket requests and assignments and meet designated deadlines with great attention to detail and capital expenditure. Projects may also include: minor construction, renovation and preventative maintenance.
With this opportunity comes the responsibility of keeping our locations fully functional. It also requires providing the Workplace Resources Manager with input in the planning and design of preventative maintenance programs. This position requires exceptional communication and organizational skills, frequent travel, a flexible schedule, and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Act as primary contact for operational facility issues and requests
- Conduct routine facility inspections to determine areas for service
- Coordinate and assist in departmental and employee moves
- Provide hands-on support for basic maintenance
- Engage approved vendors as needed to complete repairs for electrical, plumbing, HVAC and other mechanical systems
- Engage necessary internal departments such as IT Services, Building Technologies, and Corporate Facilities
- Ensure timely follow up and work order completion
- Provide backup to manager for all sites as necessary
- Perform other functions as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel to various work-site locations on demand
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents/proposals and build strong relationships with contractors/vendors
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and security).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Valid Driver’s License
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We regret to inform you that we do not currently provide sponsorship for this position.