As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Oxnard, California.
The Workshop Manager is responsible for managing the repair activities of the mechanical and workshop repair shops ensuring BMW Group repair standards are maintained, as well as, ensuring the work performed is appropriately accounted for in regard to the billing methods/cost centers.
Responsibilities for this role include (but not limited to):
- Managing and prioritizing the daily work load in the workshop and quick repair shop.
- Managing the maintenance and functionality of 3G diagnostic equipment.
- Reporting quality issues to BMW Manufacturing Plants and Transportation (via QADs).
- Scheduling and maintaining Body and Technical training for all repair technicians.
- Coordinating and implementing all technical campaigns as published by BMW AG and BMW NA.
- Ensuring accuracy of all Warranty and Cost Center billing.
- Overseeing maintenance and repair of VDC Carwash and Chemical Inventory.
- Coordinating any necessary repairs or maintenance to the Oxnard VDC with the service provider.
The Workshop Manager is based in Oxnard, California at the Oxnard Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC)
- Associates Degree or equivalent technical and administrative experience
- 5-7 years of workshop and/or field experience
- Prior experience as a BMW master Technician
- Ability to you Microsoft Office programs, DCSNet, TQC, PuMA, and KSD applications
- Experience managing a facility
- Great communication skills both verbally and written
- Project management skills
- Experience leading teams
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Employee car program.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Retirement Income Account.
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.