Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values:Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
The following opportunity is with Layne Christensen Company, a Granite Company:
Founded over 130 years ago as a well drilling contractor, Layne is one of the largest, most experienced water service companies, serving hundreds of municipalities, industrial companies, agribusinesses, mining companies and the world. We supply well drilling and construction for dewatering wells, monitor well completions, environmental and geotechnical drilling, water well rehabilitation, pumping equipment sales and services, mineral exploration drilling, hydrologic investigations and water treatment technologies.
In June 2018, Layne became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Granite Construction, Inc.
This position is responsible for promoting, developing, problem solving and selling water resources services by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with potential customers.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Establish and maintain client relationship to facilitate sale of water resources services, to include but not limited to; water well drilling, pump sales/service, well rehabilitation, well abandonment, and water treatment.
2. Develop and identify prospects from current clients, referrals, leads, and other sources to make sure goals are achieved.
3. Prepare and issue reports on prospect pipeline, current sales, forecasts, and market trends so that regional operations can effectively grow their businesses.
4. Plan and attend industry trade and convention shows to generate leads for future business.
5. Maintain contact with Project Managers and Operations personnel to ensure that the project is delivered as promised to the client.
6. Develop an approach to the project and tailor WRD products and services to meet customer needs in accordance with regional short term and long-term sales goals.
7. Prepare bid package and recommend margins to meet group strategic plan for financial performance.
8. Utilize Customer Relationship Management system (CAM360) for tracking and forecasting to ensure accurate tracking and forecasting of project goals.
9. Act as the principle contact for customers and work closely with field operations and project management team on providing our services to ensure projects are completed by project deadline and under budget.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Geology or a related discipline or equivalent experience in the water well industry.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of water well industry problem solving and sales experience in water/wastewater or related industry
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Strong technical and business writing skills
• Good mechanical/clerical aptitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.