Under the general supervision of the Athletic Coordinator and Tribal School Principal, the Head Coach, will lead the Team, guiding the development of skills, strategies/tactics, and values for each grade level consistent with The Muckleshoot Tribal School mission and values, teaching/training JV program coaches as needed for program alignment.
- Support the mission and vision of the Muckleshoot Tribal School and the Athletic Program
- Attend all school practices, games, tournaments, meetings etc.
- Organization, administration and coaching of the team under his/her direction.
- Enforce all rules of the league, state and national association as they pertain to the respective sport.
- Prepare and maintain a roster of all team members.
- Assume responsibility for conduct of contestants in sport involved.
- Complete all requirements outlined by State WIAA.
- Actively participate in professional organizations such as the state coaches association.
- Assume supervisory control over all levels of teams in the program.
- Ensure facility regulations are understood and enforced.
- Emphasize safety precautions and use accepted training and injury procedures.
- Maintain records of the team and individual accomplishments.
- Develop and improve skill level of all participants including middle school.
Required: Must be 21 years of age or above; High School Diploma, 3-5 years coaching experience at the high school level or above, which includes 3 years as a Head Coach.
- Previous experience coaching Native American students is preferred
- Interscholastic coaches, paid and/or volunteer, shall have training in at least the essential areas of study required for a physical education teacher's endorsement in Washington secondary schools and the NFHS Coaches Education Program
- Have successfully completed Concussion recognition and management with Return to Play Protocols training as required by Washington State Law that must be renewed every three (3) years.
- Have successfully completed Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness and Training as required by Washington State Law that must be renewed every three (3) years
- Hold a valid current First Aid Certification / Hold a valid current CPR Certification
- Current and valid Washington state driver’s license/ Ever Safe Drivers course completed before/or after appointment
- Annually attend a WIAA approved rules clinic in sport being coached
- Annually complete the WIAA general rules clinic and the WIAA approved rule clinic for the sport being coached prior to the end of the third week of the sports season