Onsite work only: Franklin, Tennessee
Do you want the opportunity to be part of a company that is changing millions of lives for the better? If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, you've come to the right place.
Ramsey Solutions exists to provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We experience resistance every day because what we believe is absolutely counter-cultural. We’re weird. We hate debt. We actually cut up our credit cards . . . like, for real. We don’t use them in our entire business. We don’t use debt. Period. Some of us are still fighting our way out of it, but we aren’t going back in.
Our Creative Team at Ramsey Solutions is made up of 130+ creatives spanning across design, video, content, product/UX and project management (that’s a lot of creative energy in one place)! Yep, we’re a huge team—and we’re a world-class in-house agency that supports Ramsey’s 15+ business units and digital products. Our Content Development Team writes and edits everything that goes out of the company—from blog content and magazine articles to emails and training materials. If you’ve ever seen content from Ramsey Solutions, you’ve seen our work. And we need help getting all our commas, em dashes and ellipses in order!
We need a writer with at least two years experience in the field, who can provide professionally published (print or online) writing samples. We love personal websites as much as anyone, but if your family blog is the only writing/publishing experience you have, this isn’t the position for you!
This person will join our Content Development team, which serves the content needs of daveramsey.com and our other web properties, as well as the specific needs of our diverse collection of business units. Basically, we’re looking for an outstanding, experienced utility player who can write for our general audience, church audience, business audience, and more! Applicants must be able to cover topics ranging from debt and budgeting to retirement and taxes in an engaging, informative way, while faithfully representing Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.
Basic web knowledge and a rudimentary understanding of internet marketing and writing for SEO is preferred. Boring, stuffy, high-brow writers need not apply!
What Winning Looks Like:
Writing original content for publication in a variety of formats, including:
- Article-length features for the daveramsey.com blog, other DR web properties and email newsletters
- Email series and instructional guides
- landing pages, social ads, radio and video scripts
Skills Needed to Win:
- Minimum two years experience in professional writing/publishing, either in print or online.
- Ability to produce professionally published writing samples.
- Advanced understanding of Associated Press (AP) writing style guidelines.
- Familiarity with Dave Ramsey’s teaching principles.
***Please provide a link on your application for professional writing samples***
About Ramsey Solutions:
- We’re a debt-free company that was founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey.
- We have over 900 team members who are 100% dedicated to our mission.
- We believe collaboration, innovation and a shared sense of mission come from being present with each other. That’s why all of our team members work together under one roof at our headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Ramsey Solutions was recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Best Workplace in the nation for 2020.
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Ramsey Solutions:
- A 401(k) match of 4% after one year as a team member (you can still contribute in the first year)
- Health insurance on day one with a $500 HSA match every year
- One fully paid workweek of ministry time after one year to volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- We prioritize work-life balance and rarely exceed a 40-hour work week
- Weekly devotionals with world-renowned speakers, pastors and authors
- $300/year to put toward achieving your fitness goals
- Casual dress and work environment
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.