Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services is hiring Water/Sewer/Streets (WSS) Equipment Operators to be responsible for driving and operating heavy construction equipment and vehicles to support the construction and maintenance of the County's water, sewer, and streets infrastructure. The positions are located in the Water Maintenance section which is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of water-related assets within Arlington County including fire hydrants, valves, water-related service(s), and water mains.
- Operating a backhoe, forklift, skid steer's and/or crane truck to excavate trenches and holes, assisting in moving materials and equipment, and grading surfaces for construction;
- Operating a uni-loader and related equipment to assist in the construction and/or maintenance of seasonal public works' projects;
- Manually digging around existing utilities, placing water line assets, and performing asphalt and concrete restoration of work site upon completion;
- Loading various size trucks (medium (2 axle) & tandem (3 axle) and driving and operating other equipment such as asphalt rollers (walk-behind and riding), asphalt/concrete saw's (handheld and walk-behind), front-end loader and perform routine preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Entering and maintaining data into a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS); and
- Provide Technical guidance and on-site training to crew members to assure all safety requirements are met.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Water/Sewer/Streets Division - 4200 S. 28th Street, Arlington, Virginia
Agency: Department of Environmental Services