QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
Education and/or years’ experience required:
- Associates degree from a mechanical trade school or working towards the completion of degree.
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record.Preferred/Required Skills and Abilities:
- Tooling, supply management, mechanical inspection tools, and technical understanding.
- Strong attention to detail, dependable, and a thoroughness in work
- Excellent verbal communication, documentation skills, inventory control and job knowledge
Supervision of others/decision making aptitude (if applicable):
- No supervisory responsibilities required with this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITES
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Adhere to work schedule and maintain regular attendance.
- Performs Wallwork Inc.-wide duties as requested by the designated supervisor.
- Upholds Wallwork Inc. ethical standards and demonstrate the behavioral and service expectations as defined in our policies and procedures.
The above functions listed are intended to describe the major elements and requirements of the position and should not be taken as an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the individuals assigned to this position. Performance of the essential functions may require specific physical demands as described in this job description.