Under the general supervision of the X-Ray Supervisor, the X-Ray Technician Limited (XTL) operates x-ray equipment to perform radiographic and diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and diseases. Cross-train and assist in other areas of the clinic as operational needs require. Will work closely with the X-Ray Supervisor and Chief Medical Officer to ensure Radiology department is fully functional.
- Perform within the scope of the X-Ray Technician Limited (XTL) categories of chest, extremities and torso-skeletal anatomical areas of the body.
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective care, treatment, and/or leadership.
- Supports the overall needs of the health center by working extended hours when necessary. Must be flexible, dependable and willing to travel.
- Supports the needs of the health center by traveling to other UHC health centers when department need dictate.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of UHC to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Supports their own staff development by completing the required hours of continuing education each year.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by UHC Rules of Confidentiality and general HIPAA regulations regarding privacy. Ensure compliance with approved radiology techniques and all UHC policy and procedure.
- Displays a positive, professional and respectful demeanor at all times toward employees, peers, professional contacts, and patients served, maintaining a professional appearance and positive image for the health centers.
- Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff interaction, maintains open communication with other programs/departments
- Radiology Technician certificate from an accredited school required
- Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Radiology Technology from an accredited school preferred
- X-Ray Technician Limited scope certification (XTL)
- Possess a valid CA driver's license
- Maintain valid lifesaving certification (CPR, BLS)
- Minimum 1-year recent experience as an X-Ray Technician
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Able to work under conditions of frequent interruption.
- Use good judgment in organizing tasks and solving routine problems.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Flexible and dependable and willing to travel
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
- Ability to lift or help lift patients to exam table.
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to patients and staff.
- Must be able to read memos, computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at workstation.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn