With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Our innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and other locations throughout the world. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on Ecolab to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges – and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.
The Xamarin Developer will develop, build, and support system enhancements and applications using multiple technologies. The successful candidate will have both technical depth and breadth. The successful candidate will have experience designing, developing, and testing mission-critical applications. Technologies include, but are not limited to Xamarin, iOS, Android, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, mobile data synchronization, C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, XCode, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, and Microsoft Azure.
What you will do:
- Ability to communicate and interact with business partners and collaboratively define solutions to address key opportunities.
- Develop designs and specifications based on business requirements.
- Responsible for the scalability, robustness, and reliability of all solutions within the application area.
- Responsible for defining and following best practices.
- Evaluate, suggest and implement third party software as needed.
- Ability to jointly and independently make decisions, define required changes, and communicate modifications to entire project team.
- Pro-actively consult industry best practices in software design and integration solutions
- Deploying an application to the Apple App Store or to Google Play
- Deploying supporting applications using release management technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years developing with C#, C++, or other object-oriented platforms
- 2+ years mobile application development on iOS and/or Android platform
- 1+ year experience working with Xamarin development platform
- Experience in a structured and formal software development processes
- Experience developing in an Agile / SCRUM Environment
- Experience developing mission-critical applications
- Knowledge of Mobile Platform Architectures
- Experience in desktop development and Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio 2015 and greater, WPF, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2016 or greater, stored procedures, and object-oriented design
- Experience with developing applications as part of a cloud-based solution
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of REST, JSON, Postgres or PostgresSQL
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to keep informed of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly through POCs or full applications