The Program Lead is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, effective communication and maintaining the overall well being and safety of Y After School participants ?and support staff. They should possess high energy, enthusiasm, genuinely enjoy working with children, and be team oriented. The Program Lead is responsible for assisting the Site Director (SD) in the planning, implementation, and facilitation of a structured daily schedule. The Program Lead must be positive, with a patient and respectful demeanor towards campers, parents, coworkers, and administration. All staff are expected to be interactive and engaging with the children throughout the day. This includes standing for long periods and participating in physical activities both indoors and outdoors.
1. ?Supervises a group of children alongside Program Assistants and is responsible for their overall health and well being. Provides careful, attentive supervision; alert at all times.
2. Takes group attendance.
3. Maintains Y After School site and equipment. Takes care of school property (e.g., space, equipment, supplies) daily.
4. Plans and implements program activities that are engaging, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
5. Adheres to program standards regarding ?safety, cleanliness, and adherence to licensing ?protocol.
6. Attends trainings and weekly staff meetings with Y After School leadership.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical emergencies, ?behavior policy implementation, , child abuse prevention and all other emergency situations..
9. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
10. Maintains ongoing communication with Site ?Director.
11. Sets up for and cleans up after all Y After School activities.