The Summer Camp Assistant is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, effective communication and maintaining the overall well being and safety of summer camp participants. ??They should possess high energy, enthusiasm, genuinely enjoy working with children, and be team oriented. The Summer Camp Assistant is responsible for assisting the Summer Camp Director Director (SCD) and the Summer Camp Lead (SCL) in the planning, implementation, and facilitation of a structured daily schedule. The Summer Camp Assistant ?must be positive, with a patient and respectful demeanor towards campers, parents, coworkers, and administration. All staff are expected to be interactive and engaging with the children throughout the day. This includes standing for long periods and participating in physical activities both indoors and outdoors.
1. ?Supervises a group of children alongside Summer Camp Lead, being responsible for their overall health and well being. Provides careful, attentive supervision; alert at all times.
2. Takes group attendance.
3. Maintains camp site and equipment. Takes care of school property (e.g., space, equipment, supplies) daily.
4. Plans and implements program activities that are engaging, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
5. Adheres to program standards regarding ?safety, cleanliness, and adherence to licensing ?protocol.
6. Attends trainings and staff meetings with summer camp leadership.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical emergencies, ?behavior policy implementation, , child abuse prevention and all other emergency situations..
8. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
9. Maintains ongoing communication with Summer Camp ?Lead and Director.
10. Sets up for and cleans up after all camp activities.