The Summer Camp Director is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, effective communication and maintaining the overall well being and safety of summer camp participants ?and support staff. They should possess high energy, enthusiasm, genuinely enjoy working with children, and be team oriented. The Summer Camp Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and facilitation of a structured and highly engaging summer camp. Summer Camp Director must be positive, with a patient and respectful demeanor towards campers, parents, coworkers, and Y After School administration. All staff are expected to be interactive and engaging with the children throughout the day. This includes standing for long periods and participating in physical activities both indoors and outdoors.
1. ?Manages all staff and camp participants and is responsible for th ?overall health and well being of the camp. Provides careful, attentive supervision; alert at all times.
2. Responsible for the proper documentation of camp attendance.
3. Manages camp site and equipment, assuring the proper use and care of school property (e.g., space, equipment, supplies).
4. Manages program activities, ensuring they are engaging, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
5. Maintains a safe, clean camp, adhering to licensing ?protocol.
6. Attends trainings held by Y After School administration, and conducts weekly staff meetings with summer camp staff.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical emergencies, ?behavior policy implementation, , child abuse prevention and all other emergency situations..
9. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. ?Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
10. Maintains ongoing communication with Y After School administration.
11.Manages the set up and clean up ?after all camp activities.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.