Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.
Responsible for the daily/weekly maintaining of pallet tracking (where applicable), audit of driver logs and trip reports, log and driver file DOT requirements tracking. Liaison for internal customer support. Track all return goods as directed by the customer for close out of returns from the private fleet.
** This position is primarily outdoors (in the truck yard) and will be exposed to the elements. You will have office time to complete reports and review emails.
Other duties include but not limited to:
- Clean the yard
- Check trailer temperatures
- Sanitize trailers
- Administrative duties (paperwork, reports, emails, etc.)
Shift: Wednesday - Saturday, start time is 10:30 a.m.
Will work overtime as required to meet the business need
Pay rate: $13.50 / hour + paid OT
• Various office and administrative duties, which may include handling accounts payable/receivable and collections, payroll, fuel reconciliation, office supplies, billing, maintaining database and miscellaneous reporting
• Audit of logs and trip reports and other DOT reporting, maintain of files, customer service interaction, resolution of driver equipment requests and pallet tracking.
• Maintenance and distribution of route books, daily interface with drivers, assist with driver coverage of vacation and overflow freight
• Involve Safety team as required by location
• Prioritize workload and have flexibility to adjust based on position requirements
• Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
• Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
• 2 years of general office experience required
• 1 year of customer service experience required
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• AS400 experience preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com
to learn more.