Are you looking to work for a local family owned company! Would you like to be part of a UNION, once hired on permanently? We are looking to hire a reliable and hardworking Yard Hostler. This is a full time position, first shift. We are seeking a candidate who is efficient and safety-minded.
- Switch trailers from yard to dock and vice versa
- Inspect switcher truck daily and notify if repairs are needed
- Inspect trailer lights, tires and licensing--notify if repairs are needed and verify when repairs are made
- Examine completed load at dock for accurate status ID tag and proper securing of drums
- Record drum counts on Bills of Lading
- Advise Drum Finishing of all equipment changes and needs
- Assist customers and common carriers on pickups
- Monitor trailers in yard and reposition trailers when applicable
- Be flexible with other duties around the facility as needed!
- Experienced truck driver with Class C license
- Experience with CDL helpful.
- Frequent sitting and standing throughout shift
- Able to lift 35-60lb drums during loading
- Communicate effectively
- Basic math skills
- Good coordination of eyes, hands, feet
- Able to work both within the Plant and Office environments
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30PM
- Duration: Temp-Hire
- Wage: $18.00 per hour
- Holiday Pay: 9 days + 2 Floating Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Pay: 40 hours
- Pension Contributions