Now Building � Future Leaders!
Universal Supply, a Division of USLBM Is Seeking Warehouse Manager for Our Columbia, MD Location.
Universal Supply is seeking motivated candidates for their Warehouse Manager position. We�re a people first company that�s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now.
What you should know about working at Universal Supply:
- We�re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We�re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as a Warehouse Manager:
- You will assist the branch manager in setting and meeting the warehouse operational goal by establishing operations procedures.
- Control and maintain incoming and outgoing shipments and the disposition of the building materials.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordinating of shipments to meet on-time deliveries; perform physical inventory and daily cycle counts.
- Lead, motivate, train and manage side by side with assigned warehouse associates.
- Build and maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships.
- Operate various warehousing equipment such as forklifts, RF scanners, etc. for loading and unloading building materials
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse; monitor the safety and cleanliness of the work area and ensures adherence to the guidelines; monitor equipment to ensure proper operation; develops and ensures adherence to preventative maintenance schedule.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Warehouse Manager Requirements:
- Experience. 6 months of previous experience in the building material industry. (Preferred)
- Physical. Ability to stand for 8+ hours per work shift. Ability to bend, twist, squat and reach.
- Heavy Lifting. Ability to lift up to 50-75lbs throughout the work shift.
- Teamwork. Ability to work as a team and help motivate others.
- Excellence. Must have an excellent work ethic.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Universal Supply.
Universal Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.