At Ridout, we are approaching a half century of quality service to the residents of Arkansas and Missouri. With the ongoing growth and success at Ridout, it became time to merge resources and knowledge with US LBM Holdings, to better serve our customers and our employees. Now, the same family-owned values and approach from founder Homer Ridout have the support and backing of 7,000 associates. We offer paid time off, health insurance, and 401(k) with company match. Come join our team!
Yard / Warehouse Associate
SUMMARY: This position requires pulling lumber and other materials to prepare orders for customers or for shipping to one of our locations and sorting and racking lumber according to grade markings and size.
- Pull materials from racks, units or other storage areas to prepare for pick up or shipping.
- Organize material in a manner to best ensure it arrives safe and undamaged.
- Band material to assure safe handling (forklift) and delivery.
- Remove lumber from units and place boards in rack, according to grade and length.
- Remove defective and/or damaged lumber from racks for cut-back.
- Assist customer with loading of lumber.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers, fellow employees and management.
- Maintain the appearance of the yard and racks in an orderly and clean manner focusing on his area.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of lumber grades and uses a plus.
- Knowledge of methods of maintaining the racks/stacks.
- Qualified to drive forklift a plus.
- Sound math skills.
- Able to lift up to 90lbs.