Hines Supply has an immediate opening for a Yard / Warehouse worker to join our team!
Shift is Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Hines Supply has been providing high quality building materials to builders and homeowners in the Chicago area since 1892. Dedicated to providing quality, value and service, Hines operates multiple locations across Illinois.�Hines Supply is a division of U.S. LBM, one of the largest building products distributors in the United States.
Summary of Functions:
Receive, stock, ship, order and count inventory items. This is an entry level position that is responsible for the safe operation of a forklift in order to stock all lumber and building materials. Perform duties within the established work and safety procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist warehouse associates and direct supervisor in maintaining an organized work environment.
- Receive in-coming warehouse products, commodities, and materials.
- Count and record receipt of materials.
- Stock all material received in appropriate bins or storage locations.
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing warehouse materials.
- Follow all company policies and guidelines.
- Safely load lumber and building materials into storage facilities, keeping all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient load building processes.
- Use forklift to build outgoing load, then load completed orders onto delivery equipment maintaining safe procedures and stacking methods for damage and error-free results.
- Keep staging areas clean and organized and empty trash receptacles as necessary.
- Follow safety procedures as outlined by the company safety program and operator manual for forklift.
- Assist load builders and delivery as required by location management.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Minimum education required�High school diploma or GED.
- Other�Basic math skills, ability to identify and measure commodities and specialty building ���products.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus