Hines Supply is looking for a Yard/Warehouse Rep to join our Montgomery, IL team!�
Hines Supply has been providing high quality building materials to builders and homeowners�since 1892. Dedicated to providing quality, value and service, Hines operates multiple locations across Illinois.�Hines Supply is a division of U.S. LBM, one of the largest building products distributors in the United States.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist warehouse associates and direct supervisor in maintaining an organized work environment.
- Receive in-coming warehouse products, commodities and materials.
- Count and record receipt of materials.
- Stock all material received in appropriate bins or storage locations.
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing warehouse materials.
- Follow all company policies and guidelines.
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls.
- Safely load lumber and building materials into storage facilities this includes the safe use of an automated loading systems.
- Keep all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient load building processes.
- Use forklift to build outgoing orders for lumber and building materials.
- Use forklift to load completed orders onto delivery equipment maintaining safe procedures and stacking methods.
- Empty trash receptacles as necessary.
- Operate bander and other facility equipment as necessary.
- Keep staging areas clean and organized.
- Follow safety procedures as outlined by company safety program and operator manual for forklift.
- Maintain a current forklift operator�s license.
- Assist load builders and delivery as required by location management.
- Monitor inventory as required by location management.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum experience required�6 months or more in building materials industry. 6 months experience in warehousing and handling products using computerized inventory systems.
- Other�Basic math skills, ability to identify and measure commodities and specialty building products.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more.