Our Yard Workers are one of the most important roles at Mobile Mini. Without YOU we cannot get our Storage and Office Units out on time and in proper shape. Our growing Gainesville branch is looking for another Yard Worker to join the Mobile Mini Family. With an annual bonus, full benefits, paid time off, 401k and much more! If you have the skills that it takes and like working with your hands please come join the Mobile Mini Family.
The primary focus of this position is to ensure the Mobile Mini Storage Units and Offices are cleaned, repaired and in working condition so they can be rented out. In addition to performing a variety of generalized labor tasks this role will be forklift certified and is a back-up forklift operator, as well, as having advanced specialty training.
- Cleans, repairs and ensures all Mobile Mini Storage Units and Offices are in working condition and ready to be rented. Could also repair Units on the customer site. This will include:
- Sweep and hose out
- Checking A/C if applicable
- Replacing tile or epoxy flooring
- Repairing drywall holes
- Cleaning windows, blinds, doors, floors and walls
- Replacing light bulbs, locks, blinds, door handles, etc
- Minor welding
- Minor electric
- Any needed repairs for customer units in the field
- Using a forklift, at least 20% of the time will load and unload Mobile Mini Storage Units and Offices from a variety of truck and trailers, inspecting and documenting the returning units/offices for repair or re-lease
- Documents work completed and verifies units either need further repairs (red tagged) or are ready to rent (green tagged)
- Ensures the supplies are replenished and the Yard is both organized and is free of debris and potential hazards
- Other duties as assigned
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Paint and painting materials (bucket, brushes, rollers, stencils)
- Dry wall putty and masks
- Floor cleaners
- Maintenance tools for repairs
- Electrical hand tools preferred
- Gas Powered Forklift
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience with general labor and general repairs
- Forklift certification with 1-2 years experience
- High School Diploma
- Welding experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Advanced specialty training (Welding, HVAC, Carpentry, etc)
Mobile Mini, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Mobile Mini takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Mobile Mini is an equal employment affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to HRServiceCenter@mobilemini.com or call 480-894-6311 to let us know the nature of your request.