Our two year olds are the best! Their curiosity, questioning, and zest for life inspire our passionate educators every day. As an infant/toddler teacher you’ll be responsible for nurturing the hearts and minds of children during some of their most formative years, while instilling in them a dedication to life-long learning.
Our Des Plaines Center is 25,000 square feet of spacious classrooms and collaborative spaces that help foster each child’s developmental growth and encourage creative expression. The on-site gymnasium and giant playground offer flexible space for a variety of physical activities.
At Des Plaines, your impact as a teacher extends beyond the walls of the classroom. We pride ourselves on the partnerships created with our families, who often refer their family and friends. A children’s library and a parent and teacher resource library also contribute to the collaborative atmosphere. Our dynamic team has been providing excellence in early childhood education in the Des Plaines and Park Ridge communities for over 30 years. We’re committed to helping you to be the best teacher you can be and we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
One Hope United Values:
- Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
The Two's Teacher will create a stimulating learning environment by:
- Providing a nurturing setting for two year olds and parents
- Developing learning centers that are attractive and exciting to our two year olds
- Partnering with co-teachers on best practices and creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Encouraging our two year olds to engage, discover, and problem-solve
- Supporting continuous collaboration with parents and families
Education, Experience, and Required Skills
- Infant / Toddler CDA or Associates degree in Early Childhood Education / related field with a minimum of 6 credits in Early Childhood Education or Teacher Qualified based on DCFS licensing standards required
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children in a classroom setting preferred
We Invest In You
- Competitive pay and benefits, plus tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
- Relocation assistance is available
- Discounted child care tuition
A Different Kind Of Employer
One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Northshore , Skokie , Chicago Northside, North side , Right off i94, Edens highway , Albany park , Jefferson park , Evanston , Glenview , Winnetka , Northfield , Glencoe , Northbrook , Lincolnwood , Des Plaines
"child care teacher" , daycare , day care , "careers with children" , teacher , infant teacher , toddler teacher , "day school teacher" , preschool teacher , preschool education , early education , early learning , early learning , "early childhood education" , "early childhood development" , child development , kindergarten