Our two year old's are the best! Their curiosity, questioning, and zest for life inspire our passionate educators every day. As a young preschool teacher you’ll be responsible for nurturing the hearts and minds of children during some of their most formative years, while instilling in them a dedication to life-long learning.
Our Elgin Center deeply values collaboration with the families we serve. The site has an open-door policy, which welcomes families to visit and interact with their child throughout the day. The center’s Preschool for All program is a collaboration with school district U-46. Our staff works with other professionals to help secure IEPs (Individualized Education Programs) for children needing a specialized program to help ensure school success.
The talented staff members at Elgin have dedicated their careers to early childhood education and are committed to helping you to be the best teacher you can be. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
One Hope United Values:
- Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
The Young Preschool Teacher will create a stimulating learning environment by:
- Providing a nurturing setting for infants, toddlers, and parents
- Developing learning centers that are attractive and exciting to infants and toddlers
- Partnering with co-teachers on best practices and creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Encouraging infants and toddlers to engage, discover, and problem-solve
- Supporting continuous collaboration with parents and families
- Knowledge of creative curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD
Education, Experience, and Required Skills
Infant/Toddler CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education / related required with a minimum of 6 credits in ECE or Teacher Qualified based on DCFS licensing standards required
Minimum one year of professional experience working with children in a classroom setting required
- Infant/Toddler Credential Level 3 or higher preferred
We Invest In You
- Competitive pay and benefits, plus tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
- Relocation assistance is available
- Discounted child care tuition
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals’ strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
"child care teacher" , daycare , day care , "careers with children" , teacher , infant teacher , toddler teacher , "day school teacher" , preschool teacher , preschool education , early education , early learning , early learning , "early childhood education" , "early childhood development" , child development , kindergarten ,