Founded in 1964, UMOM is Arizona's larger provider of services for families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness using innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual. With an annual operating budget of 18 million dollars, UMOM provides shelter, housing, and supportive services to youth, families, and individuals experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County. UMOM serves just over 12,000 unique individuals across all of our services annually, including those families receiving support at the Family Housing Hub.
More than a job, it's a passion! Join our team and make a difference in the lives of homeless youth, individuals and families.
Start accruing PTO on your first day
11 paid holidays
Health and Wellness program
Generous benefits package includes medical, telemedicine service, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401(k) retirement plan, and health savings accounts
In close partnership with the Site Manager, this position is responsible for the provision of services in the Open Hands and Independent Living programs. Primary responsibilities include the oversight of the safety health and well being of all residents; ensuring that the program is operating efficiently; and the site is properly maintained and staffed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management and Development:
- Provide and maintain a safe, comfortable and nurturing environment utilizing the best practices of Motivational Interviewing, client-centered services, Trauma Informed care, and the Positive Youth Development Model.
- Supervise residents at all time, reporting any critical incidents immediately to Site Manager.
- Consistently and fairly applies residential rules, policies, and behavior expectations for all clients.
- Complete all intake forms in Apricot/HMIS when necessary.
- Ensure that all new residents are provided with a tour of the facility and receive all orientation information.
- Ensure that daily room checks are completed and that all rooms are up to licensing standards.
- Plan and supervise the preparation of meals in accordance with the menus provided by the Arizona Department of Education Nutrition Department.
- Adhere to agency procedures for offering and recording medication.
- Utilize Universal Precautions in all circumstances.
- Adhere to the daily Youth Care Worker checklist of duties for the shift you are working.
- Ensure that the unique needs of each youth and young adult are being met, and contribute in a meaningfully way to the implementation of their individualized case plans, and work collaboratively and respectfully with DCS to keep youth and young adults safe while learning skills for independent living.
- Ensure facility operations meet daily requirements of all licensing and contracting agencies. Monitor and report any repairs and improvements to the site manager.
- Monitor and maintain consistency, fairness, and clarity when executing the "Residence Promotion System".
- Assist in promoting a data driven and outcomes based culture within the residential program by entering all data required into the Apricot/HMIS system per policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings.
- Consistently participate as a positive Independent Living Program team member
- Ensure coordination and cooperation between Hazelwood, Open Hands, and Earll staff.
- Maintain flexibility to work at different site locations when necessary.
- Cooperate with the Safe Place Coordinator when required
- Actively pursue continuous professional development and training to promote excellence and innovation within the residential program.
- Actively work towards "One UMOM" integration in which programs are seamless for participants, staff work across program and department lines, and communication is open, transparent, and inclusive whenever possible. Collaborate with partners throughout the agency to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and consistency of UMOM programs.
- Monitor and direct adherence to UMOM's policy and procedures within each program's service standard requirements.
- As directed, foster, and maintain relationships with community members and partners in order to enhance services to residential participants.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year experience in the social services field required
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Clinical background preferred
- Computer and data entry skills preferred
- Knowledge of child welfare, substance abuse, mental health
- Valid AZ Driver License
- Requires own vehicle with insurance (mileage reimbursement available)
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one
- Proficient with technology - Knowledge of current Windows operating system, MS Word and Excel
**3rd Shift: 11:00pm-7:00am
Major Crossroads: Osborn and 24th Street
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Are you ready to be part of the future of homeless services? We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Come and join the UMOM team and together we can achieve our mission to end family homelessness.