Vighter Medical Group requires a Youth Care Worker to provide direct line of supervision of children. The YCW will be responsible for oversight of all children activities and maintain line-of-sight. Appropriate interaction with children while playing games and at recreational time. Position requires applicant to be 21 years or older and have a high school degree or equivalent. Must demonstrate Spanish language proficiency. Must complete criminal background check, urine drug testing, and Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) background check.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
- We have a well-respected staff
- We are proud to have one of the highest retention rates in the Homestead shelter
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Pay
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health and Retirement Benefits
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Provide direct supervision of children in care, and maintain line-of-sight at all times.
- Provide oversight during recreation time, mealtime, relating time, school time and play time.
- Assist during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another.
- Maintain the UC case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Interact with children in an appropriate manner set forth by the ORR policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have exceptional customer services skills.
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be able to walk without support while on duty for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and carry up to 10 ft
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.