Apply directly to: https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1334654.html
Title: Youth Development Program Director
Reports to: Youth Development Program Management Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $13.11/hr- $14.17/hr
Leader Level: Team Leader
Supervises: Site Staff and Volunteers
Located near the central gulf coast of Florida, the YMCA of the Suncoast is a strong YMCA engaged in many national YMCA initiatives. This is an Association serving more than 80,000 community members each year. The YMCA of Pinellas County School Age Programs is a branch impacting its community with a focus on youth development.
This position is responsible for day-to-day general administration of the program including responsible for all children, staff supervision, budgeting, expense control, income generation, program development and quality control, community relations, collaborations, long-range planning and facility maintenance. The Youth Development Program Director also provides direction and leadership for the achievement of Association goals in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards established by the Board.
Core and Strategic Functions:
High Quality Programs, Services and Facilities
- Administer and lead the total operation of the School Age Program site including the interpretation and execution of established policies, the development of procedures and methods, staffing, evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs and operation.
- Nurture children by designing lesson plans that include purposeful programming that develops social-emotional skills, fosters achievement, supports academic growth and provides enrichment.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment including keeping supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment.
- Promote and monitor membership and/or program growth, taking a leadership role in membership cultivation and retention.
- Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Ensure staff is facilitating engaging and age appropriate activities. Responsible for maintaining all records and data on each child, employee and volunteer.
- Responsible for effectively handling all emergency incidents and submitting proper documentation that may occur in YMCA program, using mature, sound judgment.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Recruit, hire, supervise and develop department staff and volunteers through use of Leadership Competency Model resources that create a culture of cause-driven leaders.
- Support Y Community Champions efforts.
- Implement weekly planning sessions with staff to include awareness and understanding of YMCA programs, services, and customer service skills.
- Assist in preparing annualsited budget.
- Recommend adjustments and administer the budget, exercising necessary expense controls and revenue production.
- Responsible for collection of fees and reporting weekly balances to Sr. Program Director.
- Represent and promote the YMCA in the local community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Promote and communicate the objectives and programs of the YMCA through public communication media.
- Actively participate in school-related committees such as SAC or PTA.
- Incorporate storytelling in an effort to advance our mission and cause.
- Participate in Annual Campaign efforts.
- Identify and recruit Annual Campaign volunteers.
- Lead and/or participate in branch special events for fund raising or mission advancement.
- Serve as a member of branch management and support the branch and association objectives of the YMCA.
- Teach, role model and promote SMART behavior.
- Establish positive rapport with children, parents, volunteers and school personnel.
- Support the GPS initiatives by participating on a Commitment Team.
- Advance our work in Youth Development, Healthy Living, Volunteerism and Philanthropy.
- Incorporate Living Our Cause into work products and behavior.
(all position functions are essential to the position)
- Relationships-Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Communication- Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Developing Others Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others' capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Project Management- Supports goal attainment by prioritizing activities, assigning responsibilities in accordance with capabilities, monitoring progress, and evaluating progress.
- Quality ResultsDemonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Emotional Maturity Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet all state and county licensing requirements. State mandated trainings (MODS), FCCPC and Florida Credential required. CPR/AED and First Aid Certification within 90 days of employment and be at least 21 years of age or older. Previous childcare and supervisory/leadership experience required.Get SMARTpreferred. Must possess skills to operate standard office and computer equipment. The ability to relate to diverse groups from all social economic segments of community is essential. Must be capable of working under pressure as well as organizing and planning efficiently. Must be mentally alert, able to process and follow directions and remain friendly and professional at all times. Must be able to observe and communicate with children, parents, staff and volunteers. Must meet the YMCA of the Suncoast driving criteria. Must be able to stand, remain outdoors and maintain continual physical endurance for extended periods of time.
Note: You have received this searchresult if you searched for: Early Childcare, Child Care,Development, Academic, Youth, School Age, Tutoring, After School, Afterschool
To apply for this position, please click the apply now button below