Under the supervision of the Youth and Family Director, the Youth and Family Coordinator assists with the oversight, administration and operations of all internal and external youth and teen activities, programs, and special events, ensuring a positive, safe, enriching environment, in accordance to the YMCA core values and mission.
- Assist with the operations of programs serving children of all ages, youth, teens, and families at branch and off-site, to include implementing policy and procedures, planning, promoting, and hiring and training staff as it relates to Stay & Play and Youth and Family Programming.
- Ensure the adherence to YMCA of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Association guidelines and standards for child care, summer camp, and afterschool programs.
- Oversees administration and operations of Stay & Play program serving members 6 weeks to 12 years 7 days per week, to ensure a nurturing, safe, fun, interactive environment for children.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the all Youth/Teen facilities to safety and cleanliness standards.
- Fill-in for off-site after school site staff as needed/directed by the Youth and Family Director.
- Assist with the development and management of the Youth and Family Department budget ensuring that the department operates in a fiscally sound manner and achieves financial goals as it relates to Stay & Play and Youth and Family Programming.
- Develop, Implement and teach youth and family programs as needed or directed.
- Support branch/department initiatives to membership retention and Annual Giving goals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members, staff, and community.
- Interpret, communicate, and promote Y mission, goals, and objectives to employees, volunteer’s leaders, members, and community.
- Partner/collaborate with organizations whose mission is aligned with the Y to meet the needs of community children, youth, and families.
- Develop and enhance off-site Y youth programming to improve access to Y programs and reach underserved populations.
- Other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must have the ability to courteously respond to inquiries and complaints
Must be able to work in a noisy environment
Ability to lift/move up to 45 pounds
Ability to stand/walk/sit/crouch/kneel/reaching/lifting/drawing
Regularly required to talk or hear.
Ability to create, interpret and communicate written instructions, policies and guidelines.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office operations
At least 2 years’ experience in Youth or Teen Program setting
21 years of age or older
Strong oral and written communication skills
Within first year of employment, attend at least 2 YMCA trainings relating to Supervision, Working with 3-12 year olds series, Program Management, or Teen Programming
CPR/First Aid Certification within 30 days of employment
Must complete Virginia Preservice Training for Child Care Staff online within 30 days of employment
The YMCA of Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you value a culture of excellence, transparency, servant leadership, and accountability, please apply at ymcavbr.org.