To provide on-going leadership and supervision for groups of school ages children in an extended day/extended year program. Afternoon and evening hours are required.
- Safely transports children to various program activities within the City.
- Communicates and enforces program rules and code of conduct in cooperation with private security staff and/or law enforcement. Advises youth and adults regarding rule infraction and consequences.
- Provide leadership to children engaged in program activities. Maintain attendance records as required by program.
- Plan and implement daily activities according to program needs. Participate in all activities with children, and assist specialist.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly lesson plans. Facilitate group activities for youth.
- Follow program procedures to safeguard health, safety, and well being of participants.
- Prepare, clean up, and maintain facility daily. Inspects facility and equipment, including playgrounds, for safety hazards, cleanliness, and health risks as assigned. Reports any problems to maintenance personnel. Reports all security and disciplinary incidents in daily log.
- Assist in providing daily snacks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Develop and maintain communication with participating families. Develop and maintain cooperative relationship with center and school personnel.
- Provide a safe/healthy environment for program participants.
- Maintains and inspects city vehicles according to required pre-trip inspections. Distributes and collects vehicle keys and pre-trip inspection forms according to pre-arranged schedule.
Report daily to Program Coordinator.
- High School graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in working with school-aged children and/or other related experience.
- Ability to demonstrate group management skills and techniques.
- Ability to contribute special skills, such as art, dance, and recreation.
- Ability to work with a diverse population – including both youth and adults.
- Ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to deal with both youth and adults in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate with individuals from different social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Bilingual preferred.