Seneca Foods Corporation of Montgomery, MN, a food production and distribution center located approximately 35 miles southwest of the Twin Cities metro, currently has an opening for a Youth Mechanic Apprentice.
The goal of this apprenticeship is to allow an individual with mechanical interest to gain knowledge and hands-on experience in the food processing and distribution industry. This position will be responsible for observing various areas of the Seneca-Montgomery facility’s operations and assisting with basic production management tasks under the guidance of mentors.
- Work under mentor(s) in various areas within the Production and Distribution departments
- Engine room: startup and shutdown procedures
- Canning room: daily PM’s and record keeping associated with canning vegetables
- Corn building: daily operations including PM of cutter and vision equipment
- Distribution: daily operations of label line
- Employee relations.
- Follow all appropriate GMP/safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all youth safety standards as defined by OSHA and the State of MN.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility, organization, and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to function in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Interest in maintenance/mechanical work in a production setting.
- 17+ years of age.
- Some mechanical experience is preferred.
Seneca Foods offers a competitive salary based on experience.