Health Fitness has a great new opportunity for multiple part-time (10-29 hours per week) Youth Program Staffassociates at our client community center: the Yukon Kuskokwim Fitness Center in Bethel, Alaska!In this position, you will be responsible foroverseeing youth enrolled in a variety of programs including, but not limited to, Sports Club and Kid’s Watch. Youwill also assist in the development and planning of activities for youth programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assure the safety and well-being of all program participants.
- Lead/organize/instruct group play activities.
- Actively engage participants in activities.
- Actively observe and monitor participants and appropriately intervene to assure a safe, positive environment.
- Provide clean, safe, and fun environment.
- Perform basic cleaning duties including youth program areas, restroom and locker rooms.
- Address disruptive or unsafe behavior utilizing facility standards.
- Communicate information about the children to parents and supervisors.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Skilled in working with children ages 5-13.
- Strong verbal communication skills with both children and adults.
- Ability to develop and lead youth activities.
- Active listing skills and ability to relate to and provide service to children of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Strong quality orientation including attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong skills in multi-tasking and the ability to remain calm and professional while completing multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to be a positive role model for program participants.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Prior childcare experience.
- Skilled in developing and implementing program activities.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certifications from either AHA or American Heart Association.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.