For the past 15 years, Soccer Shots has been able to positively impact the lives of thousands of children in New Castle County. We attribute much of that success to our dedicated team of coaches. We are passionate about what we do and we are looking to add coaches to our team who are excited about the idea of impacting the next generation through the game of soccer.
We are currently looking to add some great coaches for our upcoming seasons in New Castle County, DE.
Soccer Shots is a program that introduces soccer to children at preschools, child care centers, elementary schools and local parks. We are expanding and need enthusiastic coaches to help us run sessions in New Castle County. Some specific areas we need coaches include, but are not limited to: Newark, Hockessin, Bear, Wilmington, New Castle and Middletown.
Each session is 30 - 45 minutes long. We provide all of the necessary training, equipment and curriculum materials. The compensation is $20 for each session you coach and some sites have multiple sessions that run back to back which would double the compensation.
What We Look For:
Soccer Shots coaches are:
- Safety-conscious - their #1 priority is the safety of children under their care.
- Caring - they engage with each child through specific and positive affirmation.
- Organized - they plan ahead and are systematic in routine. They conduct each session according to the lesson plan and work to maintain appropriate order for the age group.
- Responsible - they are committed to doing what is expected of them as the coach and "face" of Soccer Shots.
- Energetic - they bring Soccer Shots to life by creating a fun and exciting atmosphere that leads children to smile and participate.
Soccer experience is preferred, but not required. Familiarity with the game either as a player or coach will be helpful. A background in elementary education or early childhood education makes a great fit.
Coaching children is not for everyone, so before you apply, please take a look at our website (Soccer Shots New Castle County, DE) or watch our videos on Youtube to learn more why we have the greatest job going. If you're still intrigued after checking us out, then please apply.
If this is not for you but you know someone who might be interested in joining our team, please pass our contact information along to them!