Mainframe Systems Programmer z/OS
ALTA IT Services has an immediate, contract opening for a strong z/OS Mainframe Systems Programmer to support the Environment Management initiatives of a respected health insurer. The work will be based in downtown Washington DC. The initial contract duration will be 6 months with very strong potential for ongoing work.
Our customer has several initiatives that require building, integrating and enhancements to the Test and Production environment infrastructure to support several projects.
We’re looking for candidates with strong hands on Mainframe Systems Programmer experience, supporting Mainframe z/OS platforms including (CICS,MQSeries, RACF, DB2, REXX): who are capable to work from day one to serve as a Leads and Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) able to analyze, develop and implement solutions. Candidates should be able to think out of the box to solve problems, implement automation and process improvement to drive efficiency.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. The selected candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Lead and provide technical solutions and expertise for project teams and customers
- Provide daily technical support for the Building New and renovation of environments
- Analyze, recommend and implement improvements to support Environment Management initiatives
- Provide strong troubleshooting and problem solving
- Drive and support automation and integration of infrastructure and system processes
- Support IAAS and Devops initiatives for infrastructure delivery transformation
- Create all necessary documents and communicate to the team in support of the project
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer
- Solid leadership and technical experience
- The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to work proactively
Specific Required Skills:
- Infrastructure engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with:
- Experience building robust Test environments
- Environment Infrastructure Build and Automation
- Strong Scripting and Automation experience
- Strong Hands-on Mainframe experience
- Extensive SDLC experience
- Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot Mid-tier/Mainframe infrastructure issues.Job Duties and Required Experience:
- Strong hands on Mainframe Systems Programmer experience
- Experience in supporting Mainframe z/OS platforms including (CICS, MQSeries, RACF, DB2, REXX )
- Experience should include design, deployment and management as well as Product installations and System migrations
- Demonstrable experience in a multi-tier environment, monitoring, and deep analysis of Java applications with distributed and clustered environments
- Strong Experience with MQSeries installation and administration and automation
- Experience automating the configuration of System configurations
- Good knowledge of Network concepts and F5 Load balancers
- Solid understanding of J2EE application deployment patterns and n-tier architectures
- Expert knowledge of Scripting for automation (BASH, Python) is a plus
- Strong UNIX/LINUX experience is a plus
- Java/J2EE programming background is a plus.
- Additionally Experience with Mid-tier/mainframe platforms and their associated Operation Systems and Tools including (is a plus):
- MQ Series
- DB2 UDB
Reports to: Manager Environment Management
Rate/Salary Range: Up to $95/hr W2 or $180,000 annually, plus PTO for very strong candidates. Benefits available for both hourly and salaried candidates.
For consideration please send resume to Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary $180,000 annually plus PTO and Benefits