zSeries professional with large shop experience that adapts well to change in a complex environment. This person will work with other zSeries systems programmers, GDPS Storage administrators, and zSeries Operations to maintain and support the current GDPS and Operations Automation processes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the GDPS software and configuration files
- Develop, document and maintain disaster recovery process using GDPS
- Coordinates with storage management GDPS updates required for DASD PLM
- Explores problem scenarios and develops automation to resolve complex problems
- Develop automation to eliminate operational and technical activities such as monitoring and responding to console messages and performing repetitive tasks.
- Consults with management and technical staff on other related mainframe software and hardware initiatives
- Strong problem determination/analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills and capable of influencing decision on technical issues
- A self-starter who can self manage
- Strong interpersonal/team, writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to serve in 24x7 On-Call rotations
- Serves as a resource to others.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with mainframe automations products such as CA-OPSMVS, IBM -SA , REXX
- 8+ years of experience with GDPS, IBM Netview and Systems Automation configuration, installation and testing experience
- Experience with z/OS software tools including ISPF, TSO, SDSF and JCL
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and systems management skills
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Effective coaching skills
- Exhibit a collaborative style that promotes teamwork
- Experience with z/OS software support and installation
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Plymouth, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote, ZSeries Automation GDPS Specialist
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Infrastructure&Ops Engineering
BusinessSegment: Optum Technology
Division: Enterprise Hosting Services
DeliveryModel: Platinum Plus
Shift: Day Job